Monday, January 2, 2012

Rules for 2012

So many wonderful and exciting new things came together for me in 2011; honestly so many things happened I found it too time consuming and convoluted to put into a year in review blog. Yes, I did find bumps in the road due to our ongoing battle with PTSD, but 2011 also meant so many different things to me that not only helped me and the hubby navigate our way through our battles, it also lead us down a new path we never even knew we wanted. If I could sum it up into one word that would describe the theme of the year, the word would be Discovery.
That’s right, discovery.

I discovered so many things about myself, my own strength, my wants, my goals, my marriage, and my career- things that I would have never thought pertinent or possible prior to last year. Not only did I discover things about what I wanted for my life, I discovered new and inventive ways of achieving them.  All-in-all, 2011 was a kick ass, turbulent, blissfully chaotic, and ultimately wonderful year that lead me to new paths and opened my eyes to new sights. It allowed me to finally see myself clearly and in doing so, I was finally able to find my own happy place which I am happily floating in as we speak. I’m stronger, more focused, much more determined, and honestly happier than I have ever been. Not to mention two of my favorite authors contacted me personally on twitter and Dan Franzen himself left a comment on my Indie review of Win Win on my old blog (how freaking awesome is that!).

I was kinda sad to say goodbye to 2011, but also I was so super excited about 2012 and all the endeavors I have planned for this year despite me usual concern of falling into the pattern of making a new year’s resolutions that for lack of better words I fail miserably at completing or even coming close to obtaining.  To elevate these concerns, this year I decided to give myself three simple rules to live by for 2012 that would help me take my recent discoveries into abundant bliss, fruition and euphoria for 2012: Happiness, Live, and Believe. I’m going to plan for happiness, pursue life and all it has to offer, and strive to believe in myself and all areas and aspects of life. That simple, that easy.

I intend to find happiness in the simple things in life, live without distractions or limitations, and believe in myself, my marriage, and my opportunities in ways that I’ve yet to do thus far.

 I’m hoping to push myself further than I ever have before, and accomplish things I’ve always wanted and I’ve never been more stoked to do so. I hope all of you out there have a rock star 2012 and find the time to discover new ventures and roads to travel down as well.

Happy 2012 everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Well, had I known you had a *new* blog I would have commented here!

    ReplyDelete