Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Movie Review: Like Crazy


Every now and then you get the opportunity to see a film that gives you a bad case of the awe’s and adds to your ever so growing list of your favorite love stories. For me, Like Crazy is that film. I seriously went through so many emotions while watching this film that I, for a moment, could feel the connection between the two characters with the same relevancy as I would reserve for my own relationship. I love to see love displayed on film so reflective and pure that you leave the theater feeling energized by it. I can’t say it enough, I loved, loved, LOVED this film. End of story.

The Cast-
Like Crazy stars Anton Yelchin (Jacob), Felicity Jones (Anna), and Jennifer Lawrence (Sam)

The Plot-
Jacob (Yelchin) a young design student has met and fallen in love with the woman of his dreams, Anna (Jones).

Anna (Jones) is a British exchange student finishing out her college semester in the US on a limited visa. The two begin dating and spend the entire summer after graduation besotted by their budding romance, causing Anna to overstay her now expired student visa. After receiving word of an unavoidable family obligation, she returns to London; upon returning back to the US this time as a tourist she is detained by officials, denied entry and turned away due to her prior violation of having overstayed her original visa. She is informed that she will be sent back to London by airport immigration officials. The news of this throws the couple an awkward curveball in their growing relationship, they soon decide if Anna cannot return to the states, they will simply have to rely on a long distance relationship until the couple are able to reunite.

In the meantime, Jacob takes a job at a successful design business in Los Angeles, as the couples already strenuous relationship becomes even more strained by the distance and overwhelming frustration of not being able to see one another. Between time, work, and several legal trials and tribulations, the young couple soon come to realize the prospect of love, will require much more commitment then they ever knew.

Did I mention I LOVED this film? Just checking; I really hope all of you get the chance to check it out for yourselves and love it just as much as I did. Happy Indies everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment