Sunday, January 8, 2012

Idaho Adventure

Over the Christmas holiday I had the opportunity to take a road trip with my husband and our ladybug back to his hometown of Richfield, Idaho. We planned the trip to be 8 days long, and would consist of us bouncing around between Richfield, Twin Falls, Boise, and Caldwell- all cities I’d never heard of and was extremely excited to venture into.  First off- check out this amazing view I was able to capture from our car window. Is this not the most stupid-sick mountain and terrain view or what!




Not only did I have a wicked awesome time in Idaho with the hubby's family, I also had the opportunity to enjoy some adventurous life-long desires of my own, like hanging out with horses!



He was totally diggin' me by the by, true story. I wasn't the only one getting horse love that day...the hubby, nieces, and ladybug were all loved up by this incredible beauty too. Side note...he's also the reason I now  have to by the ladybug a copy of Black Beauty-go figure. Either way, this horse was a sweetheart.



Horses and farm animals weren't the only funsies to be had during our travels. On Christmas Eve we took a trip into Twin Falls to this huge 4 acre homestead that was decked out from roof to gravel in lights and Christmas decorations. It was honestly one of the most amazing holiday sights I have ever seen, and the ladybug was in Christmas heaven during the entire exploration. She even found her own ladybug light decoration to strike a pose with.



After all the Christmas Eve fun we took a trip to Boise to visit his Grandmother, Grandfather, Aunts, Uncles, cousins, and other family members for Christmas dinner. Let's see if I can sum up my feelings about Christmas night...AH-MA-ZING! Yeah that pretty much says it all. A few days later we decided to take a drive up to Dad's (yeah, I'm on a dad and mom name basis with the in-laws because they are just that awesome) old farm where the hubby spent a good portion of his childhood during his hooligan days. The farm is huge, and absolutely beautiful. Don't believe me, just check out my ladybugs reaction upon arrival.


See what I mean! Not to mention the ladybug had the chance to assert her inner farm-girl.



And can I just say my Sis-in-law's little girls are so crazy adorable I can barely stand it!




Not to mention the hubby was pretty much friggin' rocking the young farmer look...grrr!


Did I fail to mention that I was a total bad ass Annie Oakley in killer Chanel glasses? How foolish of me, let me give you the pictorial goodness!


But back to the farm... which has an outhouse- which gave us some much needed photo ops to add to our collection.





Yep, it was awesome and the more time I spent there the better it got. The ladybug had a chance to feed the cows and I truly enjoyed all the sights and scenes.



Being the “city girl” that I am, I was pretty much blown away at how at home I felt in Idaho, and by how emotional I was to say goodbye. It was nice to hear all the wild and adventurous predicaments my hubby’s adolescent self got caught in, and to see how crazy cute and tight his family is. Having a house full of loud, funny, and fearless in-laws one would assume would have been wicked intimidating, but for me it just proved how awesome they are and how lucky I feel to be a part of such a magnanimous family. 

Best part on our epic Idaho vacation conclusion was the sunset over the beautiful terrain.


The hubby having the opportunity to take the ladybug back to his stomping grounds and give her a piece of his history was pretty kick-ass too!


It was the perfect end to a year filled with self discovery and made me that much more excited for all the adventures 2012 could bring. I hope all of you get a chance to experience something amazing this year; I know I plan on filling  this year with nothing but goodness. Have fun all, and live out loud! 

No comments:

Post a Comment