Sunday, January 15, 2012

Roll out the red carpet please

"Fortune befriends the bold"! 

I absolutely love award season. I love the red carpet interviews, the shoes, the clothes, the gossip oh my! I seriously get giddy. I would say my favorite part of award season is watching my favorite Indie films of the year take home the awards that they so richly deserve, but since I don't like to lie I'll save the more noble reasoning for another day and just be honest...I love the fashion. If I could describe the overall theme of this years Golden Globe show stoppers that word would definitely be bold. The above listed quote in  particular speaks volumes when paralleled with some of my favorite looks of the night. so many stars really revved up their “A” game in their selections and proved that bold unquestionably is beautiful. Here are some of my favorites from the night. 

Sarah Michelle Gellar-Glowing, vibrant, beautiful!

Emma Stone- Dark beauty!

Charlize Theron- So friggin' fabulous it's disgusting. I heart this biotch...true story.

Dianna Agron- Wow, wow, wow!

Viola Davis- Stunning

Evan Rachel Wood- Stupid beautiful, another I heart moment coming on.

Jessica Alba- Absolutely luminous

Unfortunately not everyone that chose to explore the wonderful world of bold had the mojo to pull off their attention-grabbing look. For instance, layering lace material does not always a winning look make. I’ll give those that decided to play audacious an A for effort, but in many cases the gowns these almost always dazzling starlets wore were disappointing to say the very least. 

Julianne Moore- Really? really?! What is this?

Julianna Margulies- No words

Madonna- If i were drunk, half blind, stuck in 1985 and only able to see in black and white, I would still, with incalculable enthusiasm hate this dress.

 Michelle Williams- I usually love her style but there is just something about this pick that I just don't love for her. Not the worst of the night, but not her usual best either.

 Zooey Deschanel- I love that it fits her personality, but I still can't get behind it. Still heart her though. 

Other than the obvious fashion obsession the Golden Globes also reminded me that I have been seriously slacking on the Indie movie reviews of late. I've definitely watched a few Indie goodies over the past 4 months or so, and to that note I plan on reviewing all the good, bad, ugly and indifferent over the next couple of days or so. 

Did you get the chance to watch the Globes? What was your favorite look of the night?

No comments:

Post a Comment