Sunday, September 4, 2011

To know me is to love me…or at least tolerate me for awhile


Hello my fellow blogger-etts and blogger-gents. My name is Ayana, and I welcome you to my blog. For those of you who followed my last blog: Chronicles of the non-housewife, I’m sure you by now are more than well versed in my spasmodic ramblings and light-hearted commentary. I’m sure you’ve read enough of my post to at this point know who I am, and what my blog is all about. For those of you who are new to my blog, I thank you for being brave enough to enter my intricate and sometimes wonderful world of crazy. In conjunction, I would like to give all of you a little background history of all things me. So, here goes…




im awesome Pictures, Images and Photos

Now that we’ve established that, I’ll tell you more fun true facts about me. I’m a wife of a Navy Vet with PTSD, stepmom to an 8 year old firecracker, aspiring writer, and lover of all things Independent Film, music and vintage (clothing to be exact). In case my super flashy tag didn’t give it away, I’m a bit of a smart ass. But being a smart ass never hurt anyone right? Well, other than that one guy in high school that jumped off a building after an all day encounter with another smart ass. Yikes! But other than that being a smart ass never hurt anyone. And the guy was ok; broken leg, but ok. Wow, did I just take a wrong turn and end up down morbid lane or what?

Anyway, this is me…



As you can probably tell, I’m not a bit camera shy. Shocker right!

Once upon a time 7 long years ago, I met a boy who made me smile, made me laugh, made me absolutely crazy, and then made me a wife and stepmom.


Aren’t they just a big ball of cute!

All in all, life was beautiful…and then the hubby returned home from Iraq after a 6 month tour with severe Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Needless to say this disorder has really turned our lives upside down. It’s a daily struggle, but it’s one that we continue to say positive about, and work hard to understand. I truly love my hubby, and although things aren’t always easy (but really…what about life is ever really easy anyway?) it’s so incredibly worth it in the end. Both the Lady bug and the hubby are my real reason for re-vamping my blog. Well, that and someone decided to steal use my extremely fitting, witty, and totally creative blog name and use it as a site designed and dedicated to refurbishing home and garden furniture. WTF right? But I digress; that’s for another day, and another blog post.


The blog thief mix-up wasn’t all bad though, in fact it’s the complete opposite. Over the past 8 months or so, I’ve been on a hunt to find groups, forums, or sites where I could connect with other wives and family members of Vets with PTSD. Unfortunately I’ve still only been able to find very few sites with relevant information. Then one day I thought, Why not just make my own site? So, that’s exactly what I did, and thus The Warrior Wife Chronicles was born.  This blog is now going to dedicated to sharing facts, support, information, and resources to further knowledge and education of PTSD, as well as provide a forum to not just express lessons I’ve learned along the way, but also find out what others have experience while coping with this troubling disorder. Sound interesting to you? Feel free to leave a comment or contact me!

There’s a lot more to this blog than meets the eye, and I can’t wait to get started and hear from all of you. I hope you enjoy. 

Happy blogging everyone!
Ayana-

No comments:

Post a Comment