Saturday, September 10, 2011

Movie Review: Going The Distance

Have you ever seen a film that made you catch a non-stop case of the warm a fuzzies? 

Have you ever seen a film that left you completely covered from head to toe in a sticky film of Ahhhh?

This is totally that film for me. Not only am I head over heels about the two leading characters, I absolutely love the story line. This film was so freshly written and directed, you can't help but become smitten with it...genuinely smitten I say.

I know I have a pretty well documented track record for gushing all over the place when I really loved a film, but this one really deserves the gushy accolades. If you want to see a film that makes you fall in love with falling in love, and remind you of why you love movies this is the film for you. 

Going the Distance was written by Geoff LaTulippe, directed by Nanette Burstein, and stars Justin Long and Drew Barrymore. 31 year old grad student Erin (Barrymore) who lives in San Francisco, is spending 6 weeks of her summer interning at a newspaper in New York City. During a night out at a bar with her friend she meets Garrett (Long), who works for a local New York record label. The two flirt and drink, and after kicking back more than a few they decide to go back to Garrett's house for a casual fling. What they both agreed would be no more then a fling, turns out to be the makings of a pretty hot and heavy relationship which both Erin and Garrett have a hard time reconciling as the end of Erin's internship approaches, and they are forced to deal with the prospect of parting ways. 

As the story unfolds Erin and Garrett struggle to square away their relationship and try to find ways to cope with the difficulties that come with long distance relationships. 

Not only does this film capture some of the most comical um...intimate scenes I think I have ever seen, this film is also absolutely adorable. But oh no, not just adorable it's lovable, witty, insanely funny, and just a blast to watch. I really heart this one, and I hope you will all take the time out to watch it

No comments:

Post a Comment