Thursday, February 9, 2012

WW Resources: Operation Home front-Wounded Warrior Wives

About a month ago I signed up with a group called Wounded Warrior Wives which was suggested to me by a fellow Wonder Woman and friend, Karie. Karie was also a wounded warrior wife until the unexpected death of her husband a couple of years ago; she now writes an amazingly inspirational blog called Wife [Widow] of a Wounded Marine. I wasn't exactly sure what to expect from the group, so instead I decided to just look forward to meeting and speaking to other warrior wives that could potentially share useful knowledge and much needed support.


Early this week, I came home to find a package waiting for me in my living room from Operation Home Front. It was a pretty good size box wrapped and finished with a pretty bow- shocked was exactly the expression that overcame me once I opened this lovely gift box. Inside was information about the resources the group provides that are available to me, a $50 dollar Walmart gift card, stationary supplies, and pamphlets that were packed with resources about their program. Shocked by far best describes my sentiment. It was such a thoughtful gift- I'm not really one to cry, but I definitely felt the water works bursting at the seams of my tear ducts. I was so incredibly pleased to see how many resources are available and how much real support I have waiting for me whenever I need it. I decided to really dig into their site and pull as much information as possible about their [my new] group, as well as how I can contribute to their efforts. I figured I would share their link with all of you who may be interested. Please take a moment to visit and show your support as well you can find them here.


Hope this is helpful, and I hope all of you will spread the word about this amazing group!

No comments:

Post a Comment