Thursday, February 16, 2012

I heart Thursday

I received a chain email from a fellow warrior wife, Darlene called 5 things that I heart, that was so much fun filling out, I figured I would post it here and share with all of you. 5 things I heart has been floating around the blogosphere for some time now- its just a fun list of 5 things this month that you absolutely love(d) and insist on passing around for all those that may be interested to hear. Now, I usually don't share or respond to chain emails, but this one was pretty frosty and gave me the opportunity to wax quixotically about my recent (and ongoing) obsessions and fancies for all things music, food, fun, and girly. I'm really leaning toward pulling one of these together once a month; maybe on Thursday's? We shall see.


You'll have to pardon me if this post turns into a melty ball of cheesetastic mess as I tend to babble whenever given the opportunity to talk about things I'm super interested in- but I digress...anyhoo, here's my list, hope you all (Darlene) enjoy!


1. 2012 Grammy's- I heart this year's Grammy's for many reasons. First- my two favs, Adele and Foo Fighters dominated in their categories taking home 11 Grammys between the two of them! I seriously almost fanned out on behalf of them each time they won, and besides that, could their speeches have been anymore adorable?! I think not- they rock, and I rock for hearting them the way I do. Second- Nicki Minaj; Holy priesthood hell (literally), showing up to the Grammy's in a frock closely resembling the closing curtains of my local movie theater, provided many hard laughs that even days after the ceremony continue to erupt here and there throughout the week. Poor NIcki; if she was trying to relay a high-fashion look, the only thing that translated was how badly she needs a stylist that doesn't shop at obviouslyoncrackorblind.com for red carpet garments. Epic fail, so sad...funny as shit, but sad nonetheless.


2. Chloe Coscarelli- For all those who didn't read my WW resource post Fighting anxiety with food, I have over the last month become Vegan in an effort to try and heal my body from the inside out, and finally be rid of this monstrous fatigue. My hubby has also adapted a 75% vegan diet as well to see what it can do for his body, mind, and anxiety as well. Yay!...no cheese however is pretty friggin' boo. I had no idea giving up traditional milky goodness cheese would be such a huge battle. I caved more than I care to admit, and almost gave up my vegan adventures just to get my hands on a piece of creamy cheesecake sans the side of piping hot food guilt. Cheesecake [insert drool here]...oh the shame. I tell you, this vegan thing is hard, that's why I was overloaded with joy to find recipes that on a blog by Chef Chloe Coscarelli after watching an episode of Cupcake Wars, that were both ridiculously yummy and stayed true to my new vegan principles. She is, in a word, a-MA-zing (only people who watch Happy Endings will understand that one). Now, after obtaining a few vegan tricks and tips, I can say with full honesty, being vegan isn't all that bad, and is much easier than I thought. And she has a creamy cheesecake recipe that is easy and all kinds of yum. Thanks Chef Chloe!


3. Happy Endings- The show is great. It's frostylicious; yep, frost-y-licious. That's my new word yo! Yep, I just said yo- it's ok, I'm bringing it back. It comes on channel 7 on Wednesday nights at 9:30pm and its bomb. Check it out; I'm sure you'll think it's a-MA-zing too!


4. Color Me Mine- I recently (thanks to my cousin CJ) had the chance to take my ladybug to our local Color Me Mine pottery studio, and paint a few original decorative items for our home. It was so fun, super affordable, and a great way to kick back with my kiddo and spend some much needed mommy/daughter time together. If you have a Color Me Mine in your area, I highly recommend you stop by for a visit.


5. Urban Decay Naked Eyeshadow pallet- I first fell in love with Urban Decay a few moons back, after a clerk at my local Sephora store cornered me during a Christmas shopping run and insisted that I try an eye shadow primer potion that they just received a fairly large shipment of that morning. First off- I've been a hard core Sephora shopper since I was old enough to apply makeup minus the threats of imminent death via my mother. Because of this fact, I pretty much trust the opinions and advise of the makeup deputies (as I refer to them), and will gladly take their suggestions and run with them. Needless to say, I loved the primer potion- its since become a staple item in my makeup bag, which is why when I initially saw the advertisement for their naked eye shadow pallet, I immediately ran to Sephora and snagged it before they ran out.


Unfortunately, I had a dog that loved to destroy only the things that were extremely expensive and ultimately my favs at the time. I came home one day to find that my dog had ransacked my room and completely destroyed my naked pallet. Oh the loathing- also equally unfortunate, my hubby was no longer in the military so we were on a very tight "We wanna eat, and keep a roof over our heads" budget that restricted me from replacing my beloved naked pallet. Because of said budget I figured I'd just have to start saving if I ever wanted to afford another Urban Decay splurge again, but after a series of surprised unfortunates, I sadly was unable to save enough " me money" for my makeup splurge. Even sadder, I over the years due to lack of funds and time forgot all about my Urban Decay ambitions all together. Luckily, and again thanks to the cuzzo, aka. big baller C, aka. Oprah rich, who pretty much oozes of awesome (she gets it from me), I was supplied with a I'm rich bitch generous gift card to Sephora for Christmas. Urban Decay love restored! I was, with abundant enthusiasm, in makeup lovers heaven. Thanks Cuzzo!


Well, that sums it up for this month. This was fun but oddly difficult to come up with 5 things to review. I may just have to reduce this list down to just 3 or 4 for future post depending on how active my month pans out. Until then, keep the blog funzies coming, and thanks again Darlene!

2 comments:

  1. I love it Ayana! You are so funny, I love reading your blog. Thanks for the shout out! I'm passing this along to everyone I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following my blog. I loved reading yours and I'm so stealing your five things I love idea. I've changed my diet the past few months in the attempt to feel better and know how hard it can be. I haven't gone vegan but sugar and gluten free. Good luck and I hope it helps. I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete