Tuesday, February 14, 2012

WW Resource: A little Goodwill


Everyday I try  to search the web as much as I can to find new information and resources that I can share that may be useful to other warrior wives and their wounded warriors. Today I was surfing the web and stumbled upon a little advertisement regarding a promotional event the Goodwill is sponsoring for all active duty  service members and Veterans to help reintegrate them back into civilian life as well as the workforce. 

Tomorrow, February 15, 2012 all Goodwill stores will be offering a $50 purchase credit to active duty service members and Veterans alike toward suits and business attire in an effort to put our Vets back to work. I really thought this was something worth sharing for all those who really need it. While researching I was also able to come across this incredibly sweet program Goodwill set in  motion for Vets as a Valentine's day surprise. More than 400 valentines made their way to veterans in VA hospitals and nursing homes this Valentine's Day, thanks to the big hearts and helping hands of the staff and program participants at Goodwill Industries of Tulsa. I can honestly attest to how much these thoughtful cards and well wishing mean to Vets, as my hubby and daughter took time out themselves to hand deliver cards that we made in addition to my daughters entire class for Veterans Day. The Vets at both the VA hospital and nursing center that received cards and letters from us were moved to tears; it was truly worth while and meant so much to them to receive recognition and appreciation. Good job Goodwill!

To read more about Goodwill's special Valentine's Day surprise visit Goodwill's website and show some love.

Happy Valentine's day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment