Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Oh the anticipation!




I’ve been a Batman FAN-atic all my life; I read the comic books, watched weekend re-runs of the vintage (original) Batman series starring Adam West; can I just express how drop it like it’s hot gorgeous Eartha Kitt was as cat woman? This is where I would totally do my best Jim Carey’s The Mask voice…SMOKIN’! 

Yeah...that really wasn't going to suffice without the visual

 I was absolutely addicted to the Saturday Morning Warner Brothers Cartoon series [insert displeasing feeling of dating myself]. I even begged my Aunt and Uncle-BEGGED- to take me and the cuzzo to Six Flags during opening week of both Batman the Ride and The Riddler’s Revenge, which I still to this day, have to ride every time I visit that theme park. Not to mention how many times I watched Tim Burton’s Batman film(s) adaptation, despite the revolving door of leading man role changes of my beloved Bruce Wayne (Michael Keaton- you’re still the shizz wiz as Batman…shout out my Dark Knight brother, shout). And let’s not even go there with the adopting of the first, heavily Prince orientated, soundtrack that I played without skipping a beat, each day before and after school.

 Yes, I am a Batman Fan; hardcore, unapologetic, certifiably branded, Batman fan-FRIGGIN-atic. But not even my fan-filled ass was prepared for the three-peat Lollapalooza that is now being called the new generation Batman Trilogy. From the very first scene in Batman Begins, to the performance to end ALL performances in history- Heath Ledger as the Joker- I WAS HOOKED. After The Dark Knight  and the untimely death of an actor that was sure to set Hollywood ablaze with absolutely no limit to his acting potential, I was really nervous about what to expect from the last Batman film of the soon legendary and epic trilogy conclusion.

Alas, they proved my worries merely speculative, and after watching this brief trailer, you’ll understand why… 




Holy frijoles! Does that not look AH-Ma-zing or what! And…It’s coming to theaters the day of my birthday! I’m stoked. STOKED. The anticipation is killing me slowly, but I’m super excited about taking some much needed “me” time, and spending it at my local theater, with my favorite comic book hero.  

Are you planning on taking some much needed you time to head to your local theater this summer? If so, leave me a comment or email me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment