Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Love is in the air...






I don't know about you, but to me there is nothing like a good love song to get you all nostalgic and ridiculously happy. It's the kind of happy that reminds you of how it felt the first time you knew you were head over heels and helplessly falling. No matter the genera- pop, rock, indie, oldie, blues, R&B, neo-soul, whatev, whatevs- love songs take you back to a place where the warm and fuzzies are steadily flowing, and fills you with optimism that love springs eternal. Oh-me-oh-my do love songs make me want to sing out loud (as if I don't do that everyday in my car already). 

I’m feeling rather cheesy, and love-o-licious today. Maybe it’s because I’ve realized that with everything that I have going on in my life on a daily basis, love is the most prominent factor in my ability to “just keep swimming”- Or maybe it’s because it’s my (drumroll please)………ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!! – either way I’m feeling the love today.
So, in honor of my 6th year of marriage to the absolute love of my life, and to get all of you feeling the warm and fuzzies, I figured I'd share our love songs (and since one is never enough, yes, we have two) today, and post songs about love for the rest of the week.

First up is our official song (ironically titled Love Song) covered by none other than Adele. I don’t really care for The Cure, and didn’t love this song until I heard 311’s version (which is the version that my hubby dedicated to me). This version is much softer and I just love it so… here it is





Next is our unofficial (but just as significant) second song Dig by Incubus. If you listen closely to the lyrics you’ll understand why this song is so beautiful and so perfect for all couples, no matter how many years you have under your belt, or how many struggles you may face. It’s just rad, and I so us. 




Can’t you just feel the love flowing!

Happy Love songs everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment