Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Lady, sing me a love song!

She was a 23 year old sassy and outspoken, often ridiculously clumsy, unapologetic for her dreamer like personality, free-spirited firecracker that knew what she wanted in life, and refused to be tied down by someone else’s opinion of how she should behave. He was a 27 year old Navy Seabee, with equally ambitious life goals, a need and liking for structure and routine and often stubborn beyond humanly possible. Who would have ever thought a pair with such variations in likeness would make so much sense when brought together, inevitably taking that walk down the aisle, and committing their lives to one another? Let alone make it last.

Well… we did! And apparently the Universe was in the know as well.

And last it has. Almost 5 years after saying our “ I Do’s” we have found ourselves in the exact same place as we were the day we sealed the deal and locked that ole’ ball and chain…happily head over heels in love. Yes, love is officially in the air and it’s wafting it’s delectable fragrance everywhere I seem to turn my head, and filling me with reminiscent memories of how I met the love of my life turned husband. Our 5th anniversary is officially just around just a few days away, and to commemorate our union I have decided to dedicate all post this month to all things love and marriage.

To kick things off I figured I would play one of my favorite Adele songs that has (since originally hearing it) always reminded me of my hubby and I- even though the song is really about her and her best friend. The complexities and dynamics of two people coming together with two very different perspective and somehow completing each other has always been a factor of relationships that amazed me. I know that Adele has been played to NO end throughout blogs and the radio, but I still love her British songstress ass to pieces and feel that this song fits. Enjoy my favorite Songstrella everyone, and happily ever after to all! 




No comments:

Post a Comment