Wednesday, October 5, 2011

10

I’ve been doing a lot of thinking over the past 6 months of how I can take more time out for myself to do the things that make me happy and help to ease some of the stress that tends to accumulate due to the day to day headaches of work, motherhood, wifeyhood, and coping with PTSD. Coping takes more effort than just taking 10 minutes out of my day to stop and breathe before jumping right back into the craziness that is my life. I don’t know about you, but more often than not for me, the day to day hustle and bustle seems to consume my focus, and inevitably prevent me from taking time out for myself to do the things that make me happy and keep me sane. I’ve been trying to think of a way to resolve this issue, and finally carve out some much needed me time to aid my endeavors of keeping a coherent emotional stabilization to cope with the stressors of life. But not just coping, I deserve to do something for myself. We all do. As mothers, and wives, sisters, and daughters, workers of the world, and stay at home moms, damn it we work hard and keep our families intact, we deserve to do something for ourselves that makes us happy don’t you think?

Well I figured out exactly how to take time for myself, and since I’m a fan of making list and am insistent on sharing my thoughts and ideas with all my fellow Warrior Women out here in the blogsphere, I’ve decided to post this list for all of you today. So here it is, I now declare this list self evident that we warrior Women need to Cape DSFY (Do Something for Yourself). I figured I ‘d give myself a full year to complete these task since, well, hello…If I don’t have a deadline I won’t get anything done. 

  1. Visit 10 historical sites or museums in your area
  2. Get involved in or volunteer for 10 charities in your area
  3. Complete a 10 week body boot camp/detox
  4. Read 10 interesting novels that you would like to share on blogger
  5. Find 10 interesting and culturally themed non-chain restaurants in your area to explore and review
  6. Finish writing and edits of your book in 10 months, and start looking to become published
  7. Find 10 new meet up groups in my area and go on 10 interesting meets to share on blogger
  8. Explore 10 different California Cities you have always talked about visiting. If they have good tourist sites blog about them.
  9. Take 10 artistically motivated classes
  10. Start and finish 10 projects you have been putting off for the past 4 years.
I'm really looking forward to taking on this challenge and sharing all the funsies with you along the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment